Thursday, October 3, 2013

Book of The Week:
"Who Could That Be at This Hour?"

Last year when I noticed that Lemony Snicket wrote a new book, I was quite excited. Ever since the library got it in, I've passed it on the shelves and put it away off my cart many times, all the while thinking "I really ought to read this one of these days."  Well, this week I finally took the book home. I have no regrets! Yet another fun and hilariously written book by my long-time favorite author. I've taken great pleasure in his various writings for a decade now! 

Despite this being categorized as a children's book, I'd recommend it for anyone to read. Not only is Lemony Snicket's writing style very witty, but adults and kids alike will find themselves learning fascinating obscure words. Did you know that "bombinating" means "to make a humming or buzzing noise"? I didn't. I doubt the programmers of Firefox did either, because my browser claims it is a misspelled word.




Title: "Who Could That Be at This Hour?"
Author: Lemony Snicket
Synopsis:

In a fading town, far from anyone he knew or trusted, a young Lemony Snicket began his apprenticeship in an organization nobody knows about. He began asking questions that shouldn't have been on his mind. Now he has written an account that should not have been published, in four volumes that shouldn't be read. This is the first volume.








No comments:

Post a Comment