Sunday, November 3, 2013

Merry Belated
Costume & Candy Day

Blah, I'll pass on the dark old pagan roots- but being the sort of person who never passes up an excuse to dress up in something otherwise outlandish, I would still end up categorized as one who joins the festivities of Halloween.

This year must have been quite fun for the librarians: they got to have a pajama day at work (all in the name of costumes, of course). As for me, I was sent out with my coworker, Katherine, to the main street of our little town to hand out library themed goodies to the costumed kiddos, and therefore needed something warmer than my PJ's. This is what I came up with:

 
 I never planned to be a specific detective, but by the end of the evening, I was dubbed by popular opinion as Inspector Gadget. I also got Nancy Drew, Columbo, Dragnet, and a couple others which I cannot recall and had never heard of. While we were out on the street, one costume went by that just stole the entire show. I've never before seen an outfit more representative of where I live:

Yes, that's a tumbleweed. a GIANT tumble weed. Photo credit on this one to LB Miller Photography.


Not only were the members of the library team dressed up, but the cats were too! Much to our surprise, Carmen and Mikey seemed quite content to wear their food-themed disguises. 



Also, for one last parting picture, I promised earlier in October via my Facebook page to show you what I made using "Easter eggs, a roll of duck tape, paint, and $10". This is the answer to that question:
For those of you who do not immediately recognize the character, I am a Dalek from the popular British sci-fi, Doctor Who.


No comments:

Post a Comment