Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Chucking Clocks From Windows

I was once told that a scientist threw his clock out of an upper story window. The reason? He wanted to see time fly.

Har, har. Yes, I know, nothing like starting a blog post off with a lame joke, eh?

While I haven't thrown any clocks lately, I've certainly experienced how time can fly! Things have been rather fast paced and exciting in my world lately, thus contributing to my lack of posts in the past week or two. If you care to know why, you may continue reading. If not, then I implore you to go read one of my other posts- that or perhaps get off your computer entirely. If you're anything like me, I suspect you may be procrastinating on other activities ;)

Exciting thing #1: I got a full-time job!


Alas, said full-time employment is not in the library. In order to obtain the amount of money necessary to sustain life, I recently accepted a full-time housekeeping position at a local nursing home. It's been working out well; similar to being a library page, I get to push a cart around all day, make my own hours (to an extent), meet lots of people, keep things orderly, and in general am appreciated by many people. Of course, the best part about this job is that my hours work out such that I can keep up employment as a Library Page. Hooray!

Exciting thing #2: I got my first car!


 I am ecstatic to announce that I am now the proud owner of a black 2004 Honda Element! Upon getting the above stated job, it enabled me to have the money to afford the upkeep of a vehicle. Paid for in full, up front, because I hate debt. While my original thought had been to go for something like a little Toyota Corolla, I discovered this thing on the lot and realized it had the amazing handling of a small car, but has so much more potential for adventure due to it's larger space and collapsible back seats.

Exciting thing #3: Christmas is coming soon!
While I believe firmly that Thanksgiving comes before Christmas and therefore has every right to be celebrated and thought of first, it is an undeniable fact that Christmas will be upon us before we know it, and therefore I have (for once in my life) been trying to get some of my gift shopping done before December. Every year it gets to be two weeks before Christmas and I realize I haven't done anything for anyone. Now that I am working a full time job AND a part time one, I need to make the most of my few days off and get stuff done before the end of December sneaks up on me like it usually does. So far that's all going really well! I have my brother, boyfriend, and two of my best friends shopped for. Now to figure out what to do for my parents...hmm.

Exciting thing #4: I've been introduced to a genre of music I've never heard before!
While less exciting than my other statements, I thought I would let you in on this just in case you would like some fun music to hear. As I write this, I am happily listening to a Pandora station of Caravan Palace. A good friend of mine recently introduced me to this interesting Jazz-Techno combination, and I thank him for it. You have to be in the right mood to hear it, but if you're in one of those moods, you and your tapping toes will enjoy it.


No comments:

Post a Comment