Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Book of The Week: A Nantucket Christmas

I stumbled accross this one when I found it tipped over on the shelf due to a missing bookend. Lovely timing for me to see it! For anyone wanting to daydream over early-American Christmas themes, this is the book! (But to be honest, I've not met anyone that specific about their Christmas daydreams).

This book is full of beautiful photos, craft ideas, and more! It makes me want to travel out to Nantucket someday- and hey, after my boyfriend's family gave me variously sized pieces of luggage, AND I own a car, I guess technically I could. Just need to plan the trip and save the money... Well, anyways, back to the book of the week!



Title: A Nantucket Christmas
Author: Leslie Linsley
Synopsis:
People from all over the United States come to Nantucket Island to celebrate Christmas in the charming Early American setting. Every year, during the week after Thanksgiving, a select number of houses--most more than 200 years old--are chosen to be on a house-tour for visiting tourists and islanders. Leslie Linsley, renowned style and craft expert, and author of the recently published Leslie Linsleys Decoupage, is also a resident of Nantucket. In A NANTUCKET CHRISTMAS she offers ideas for Christmas trees, door decorations, mantels, and much more, all inspired by the homes of Nantucket. Also included are projects such as ornaments and stockings as well as festive recipes and inspirations for table settings and entertaining.

Link: http://www.amazon.com/A-Nantucket-Christmas-Leslie-Linsley/dp/0821228714

No comments:

Post a Comment