Sunday, January 12, 2014

Book Of The Week: Battle Bunny

When I was putting away kids books, I noticed that the spine of this one looked like it had been drawn on. Upon pulling it out, I discovered that it was actually just the way it was made. Surprise!

This is honestly one of the most hilarious things I have read in a while. I showed it to my family and they got a lot of laughs off of it too. The idea behind it is that it's a little kid's "Birthday Bunny" book, but that a young boy took his pencil and crayons and re-wrote the entire thing to tell the story of an evil villain who tries to take over the world, and how the kid super hero named Alex is there to stop him. If you happen to see this book, take a look. You won't regret it :-)

Title: Battle Bunny
Author: Jon Scieszka and Mac Barnett
Synopsis:
When Alex gets a silly, sappy picture book called Birthday Bunny, he picks up a pencil and turns it into something he'd like to read: Battle Bunny. An adorable rabbit's journey through the forest becomes a secret mission to unleash an evil plan--a plan that only Alex can stop. Featuring layered, original artwork, this dynamic picture book celebrates kids as storytellers.

Link:

1 comment:

  1. I just saw this book at my library. Some of the librarians were laughing about it. :)
    -Elaina

    ReplyDelete