Monday, June 9, 2014

Book Making!

So, just in case the fact that I have been doing work in the library for almost 10 years doesn't clue you in enough, I happen to love books. So much so that I recently decided to MAKE a book. Read a few tutorials online, mashed all the parts of the instructions that I liked all into one design and spent my weekend bookbinding. Fun!


Quarter folded paper! Ripped to perfection.

Getting it a little wet helps. No worries, this book is for me.

Paper is thick; So, I got a hammer.

Sewing paper!

All sewn up! Now to glue the 3 layers together.

Glued and holding!


All glued and ready! :)

The lovely spine of my book.

Now, I just need to get my hands on some leather to make a cover. Excited! Will post a finished photo when I get the remainder of the supplies and complete the project.

No comments:

Post a Comment