Monday, September 30, 2013

"And Then There Were Seven"
Part 1

It was a complete accident, I can assure you. 

"How do you accidentally adopt 7 cats?", you press. 

I look up at you and grin. You know that mischievous smile all too well, and despite your better judgement, find yourself dying to know what I'm about to say in response. I pause for effect, watching as you cross your arms and stare down at me expectantly. 

"Well?" 


"It all started back in March," I begin, "that was the day I showed up at work to see cat number one." 



The librarians adopted her from a local radio station, where she had been found as a stray. It didn't take long for all of the staff to decide that Carmen was a great addition to the group! It could be one of those short "...And they all lived happily ever after" tales. It would be easy enough to leave it at that, but there is more to be told...


Look for the next "And Then There Were Seven" post from Paged to continue this library cat saga!

No comments:

Post a Comment